It is my pleasure and privilege to welcome you to our school’s website. I believe the information posted will be helpful in keeping you informed regarding important school information and various upcoming activities and events. We will continue to build upon our site, and hope that the information will be of value to you and your family.
We ask that parents work with us in partnership to ensure our students’ safety and growth by abiding to protocols and procedures set out by the Board and the school.
Please visit our website regularly to read about all of the wonderful events at St. Mary and don’t forget to follow us on twitter @smy_nobleton.
Yours in Catholic Education,
What we offer
- A Christ-centered education for students in Kindergarten to Grade 8
- High academic standards
- Caring and committed teachers
- Opportunities to develop the whole child: intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, physically
At St. Mary, we are committed to quality learning for all in a Catholic faith centred context. We embrace moving all our students along the learning continuum in order that they are best able to reach their potential. As literacy and numeracy are the cornerstones of academic achievement, St. Mary School dedicates itself to providing focussed, purposeful, and cross-curricular language and math learning opportunities that support student skill development, critical thinking, and application competence. There is a strong focus on STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts and Math).
- 9:00 a.m. – Admittance
- 10:20 – 10:35 a.m. – Recess
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch & Recess
- 2:20 – 2:35 p.m. – Recess
- 3:30 p.m. – Dismissal
St. Mary School Highlights
- Enriched and stimulating academic program
- Daily French Language Program
- Before and after school programs
- Fun, caring and nurturing environment
- Lunch time clubs ie. Lego, sports, speed stacking, ukulele, karate
- Music classes and Orff instrument instruction
- Specialized Phys. Ed. Teacher for Gr K-3
- Daily Religious/Family Life instruction.
- Outdoor classroom
- Spacious outdoor play yards with soccer field, baseball diamond, basketball courts
- Platinum certified ECO School
- Healthy Schools Certification
- 21st Century Learning—Character Development, Critical Thinking & Problem Solving, Communication, Collaboration, Creativity & Innovation, Citizenship, Character Development
- All of our classrooms are equipped with an Interactive White Board
- iPads, Chromebooks, Laptops, computer lab available to all students
- Interactive Library Commons
- Strong Parent Communications and Involvement
- Many opportunities for student voice and student engagement
- Strong athletic/sports involvement
Home, School, Church Partnerships
The St. Mary School community has built a strong and vibrant relationship with its affiliate church, St. Mary RCC which is located at 190 MacTaggart Drive, Nobleton. While masses are celebrated at our school by our wonderful priest, Fr. Ignacio, all sacraments are coordinated and officiated by the church directly and held at St. Mary Parish.
The embodiment of our Catholic faith is reflected in all aspects of our school curriculum, procedures, and policies, and most especially in all facets of our home, church and school relationships. Jesus is indeed our role model and as such, we serve to encourage affirming, compassionate, and redemptive relationship building with students and strong, constructive, and dynamic partnering with staff, parents, the church, as well as the community-at-large.
How Can You Get Involved?
Glad you asked! There are many ways in which parents and/or guardians can participate in the life of St. Mary Catholic School. Here are just some of the many ways you can make a contribution to St. Mary:
- St. Mary Catholic School Council (Our School Council meetings are a terrific way for you to get to know people and the various initiatives taking place at the school!)
- Parent Volunteer
- Trip Supervisor
- Hot Lunch Helper
- Healthy Schools Committee Member
- And so many more!
Contact the office or the School Council Chair to see how you can contribute.